Thursday, June 10, 2010

FOR THE LOVE OF BEARDS! (cough) Oh and Star Trek!

Okay, so generally, it is understood that I overwork myself. And one way to know how overworked I am, is by how many ridiculous searches I make in passing because my mind is wondering due to exhaustion.

SO...I typed 'foxy beard' into my google search bar AND the first image I see is Evil Spock. Of course . . . beard+trek=joyful moj . . . SO, this hyperlink takes me to a magical blog called "Beard Blog: For the love of beards". I was certainly delighted that this person was not only collecting fine images of Trek-beards, but also photos of strangers he meets and chooses to photograph and interview, simply because they're bearded and seem friendly.

Unfortunately, the next thing that I notice is that he was discontinuing said blog. And alas it seem he has.

So...I suppose this post is really more of a "R.I.P. beard blog" update! Because who wouldn't want to celebrate all of the finest beards! In honor of the "Late" beard blog. I am going to share some of the greatest Trek-beards to date!

Kling-Beard!

Visor-Beard

Droid-Beard


Sexy-Beard!

AND THE NEW TREK BEARDING EXTRAVAGANZA! JJ'S KIRK & SPOCK!





4 comments:

  1. Since making this update I have become a contributor to the beard blog that was once retired! Yay! I revived something relatively useless, but OH SO DELIGHTFUL! http://fortheloveofbeards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your "weird Picard song" and raise you another:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLOiwwyA-ts

    Also, on the subject on beards, one of my good friends used to have a radio show where she would only play music created by bearded individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mackenzie...that video/song is an amazing moment of strange trek history! I have no idea what to think of this - maybe someone broke into the studio, pointed a camera and a gun in the general direction of patrick stewart, tossed a hat and a cane at him and said "perform space man, perform!"

    Now, on the subject of your friends radio show. he should send me a couple of archives and I'll spotlight em on the beard blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I read somewhere that Stewart did this as a joke valentine's day gift for the producer/director/somebody else involved with the show. So actually...it was voluntary.


    I will look into beards...

    ReplyDelete