Sunday, March 8, 2009

THE NAKED NOW (Season 1-Episode 2) Star Trek TNG


This is one of my favorite episodes. Probably because I had started to watch the original series in order (only made it through one season - got distracted) before my friends and I watched Next Gen in order. For some reason the episode "The Naked Time" just really made me laugh! "The Trouble With Tribbles" is my other favorite TOS episode!

"THE NAKED NOW" is clearly a rehash of that original series 'sode and I feel it is equally as endearing.

Until now I never noticed just how much of the show is dedicated to the character development of Data. It's feels like every episode is an opportunity to learn something new about him, or to explore something unexpected! Though I do love the fact that this episode is how we learn that Data is "fully functional". Additionally, in this episode we learn that data has pores...incase that's important for you to know!

This is also the first episode that the romantic tension between Picard & Beverly begins!!! (Oh come on, I am a woman...of course I'm going to pick up on all the mushy stuff!).

This episode played out a lot like the original series. People just start acting foolish and sweating like maniacs - eventually they figure out what's going on.

Despite the fact that I personally don't advocate for drinking or knowingly becoming intoxicated; I do enjoy that the first episode we see Wesley exhibit his genius is when he's intoxicated. I love the little device he created to sample the Captain's voice - it seems very innocent, a way to "play" Starfleet officer - certainly a clever feat for a kid! Now if only we could have gotten the poor boy out of those ugly sweaters!! They were ugly in the 80s they'll be ugly in the future too...I PROMISE!



The serious curiosity is where they found that greasy looking guy to work in engineering! You know the one who was playing with the isolinear chips as if they were dominoes! He wasn't even in uniform COME ON! ;-)


"If you prick me do I not leak?" - Lt. Commander Data (Season 1, Episode 2, "The Naked Now")


LINKS
Lt. Commander Crombs Blog!!!
My Trek Space Page
My Band
My Company

No comments:

Post a Comment