Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Coming of Age (Season 1 - Ep. 19)

I LOVE THIS EPISODE!!  For some reason, all episodes involving star fleet academy get me really excited.  Maybe it's because it reminds me of all the hard work that I did to fight my way into the college of my dreams and then to survive all the way through to my bachelor's degree was finished!




Now that a year has passed from the new Star Trek reboot movie I definately have a frustration with the fact that, in STNG, Wesley Crusher works sooooo hard to get into the academy (and he's an engineering prodigy at worst!) where as James Kirk gets to waltz onto the ship for starfleet academy without even taking an entry exam!  Does anyone else have an issue with this?  Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed the new movie and I'm excited about the re-invigoration of the franchise - it's certainly more effective than "Enterprise" (the show) ever was!

Finally, I love the sequence where Wesley gets all pissed off and rough with that guy in the hall way!  We rarely get to see Wesley excersise having some balls! :)

Links
Wikipedia Episode Summary
Star Trek reboot, wiki entry
My Beard Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment