Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lonley Among Us (Season 1-Episode 7) Star Trek TNG

Check out the trailer for this episode in case you haven't seen it in a while!



This episode ALMOST measured a "SHMEH" on the Moj-O-Meter! But the last twenty minutes redeemed themselves gainfully! Admittedly I have to say that I was worried when I saw Welsey wearing the SAME ORGANGE SWEATER as the last episode (did they not give him enough cloths? can he not REPLICATE THEM?!)
By the looks of Wil Wheaton's face in this photo, at least later on in life he finally understood that he got the short end of the stick in the wardrobe department!

ANYHOW, I this episode had two running story-lines one that involved an energy being getting caught in the ships energy fields & taking over the bodies of the crew, the other of intolerance and ignorance. Personally, with the exception of when Picard was taken over by the energy being, I was very un-entertained. I was much more interested in the potential for the the story between the two feuding alien races! There was way more hope of getting more out of that story line! But I suppose in the end the moral of that story was that the Federation (which means all civilized races in the future...I mean really) will not stand for accepting races that feud with each other based on prejudices! - so...we got something useful...despite that message being hidden...WAY in the background!

So on the LOVE IT ---- RE-WATCH IT ---- SHMEH....CammanderMoj-O-Meter scale...

Awe hell...I think I'm going to fall back on SHMEH...now that I've seen this episode at least three times I think I've gotten everything out of it!...now I need to make up for this disappointment some how...

HMMM...watch another episode?...dont mind if I do!

Links
Wikipedia summary of the episode!
Lt. Commander Crombs Blog
My TrekSpace Page
My Band
My Business

No comments:

Post a Comment