Friday, May 1, 2009

Justice (Season 1 - Episode 8) Star Trek TNG

Okay due to popular demand from this blog on I will always include a trailer of the episdoe for those who aren't actually watching in order - but still want to participate. That way y'all can just get a little refresher so that you can comment on my review/commentary! So here it is...trailer love!!!



Okay, so I watched this episode while I was proposal writing last night...but it's a first season episode...I'm sure I kept up just fine. Here I'll summarize the episode: ship in orbit 'round planet, investigative team beams back to ship to tell cap'n 'all is well', away team beams down (it seems Tasha's clearly looking forward to getting some!), they send Wesley to play with other (hairy) children, Wes breaks a law (oh wes!), the 'sensual people' want to kill him - but Picard decides to break prime directive to save him - all the while there's some energy being playing god over the planet! YAY...told you I could multi-task! - that was ALL without looking at the wiki page!

Before I get into it, I just want to say, my favorite quote of the whole episode is when the girl Wesley's playing with asks him to teach her a game she knows HE can teach her and he responds, "There are some games that I don't know how to play yet..." (someday, Wesley...someday!)

While this episode is a little bit...how shall I say..."on the nose" (straight forward) about it...I think the underlying message that laws cannot be absolute is absolutely correct. And I find it interesting that this is tied into an episode where they challenge this energy entity's status as "God". Because that makes me think about religion (clearly) - as much as people start wars and shed blood over the "laws of faith" I feel as if it's too obvious that most rules are meant to be applied as they fit situations. And I don't meant to say that rules should be changed for situations - however sometimes there is gray area...nothing is black and white!

I mean think about it this way If a woman is being raped...should she not fight back? And if the only way to save herself is harm or even kill the person trying to rape her - should she be condemned to hell or shunned from god in the after life!? I think not!


Links
Wikipedia summary of the episode!
Lt. Commander Crombs Blog
My TrekSpace Page
My Band
My Business

For those not reading off of blogger - check out the original blog entry at http://mospacecamp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment