Friday, April 2, 2010

Datalore (Season 1 - Episode 13) Star Trek TNG

Ahh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! This episode starts with Data trying to emulate a human sneeze! Which is almost as good as this video of a baby panda scaring the b-jesus out of mamma panda!
-

-
But without further a due...here is the trailer for this episode! If you're reading on facebook instead of right off of my blog -> it has been requested that I interlink the youtube page for these videos because they will not embed into fb. So make sure you're clicking on those friendly hyperlinks! :)
-

-
It's true, just like most Trekkies Data's one of my most adored characters! I've heard mixed things about Brent Spiner, the actor that played Data - but I've never met the guy so I couldn't say! All I know is that Brent seems to have an entertaining twitter feed!

The music in this episode is very very well composed. Possibly the most dynamic of the entire season! This is the MOST emotional the music has been so far, ironically, for a story that's about an emotionless android! All that being said there's a hilarious mixture between amazing orchestral arrangments and rediculous 80's synthetic sounds! ha ha ha ha! Quite odd once you really pay attention! But it is as if this episode is 95% has a musical bed, which is far more music than the average episode of TNG.

Finest quotes of the episode!
Will Riker: "Does it have all of your...parts?"
Geordi: "Will we know how to turn it on?"
Context: The crew visited the planet Data was assembled on. They found another android that looks like Data that was disassembled and brought it on board to be put together!

It is too bad that they were all so eager to put the mysterious android together - because Lore (Data's brother) is such a hateful creature! But I guess that's what good writing is - the more conflict...the better!!! Lore & Q are quite possibly the most entertaining evildoers on TNG.





LINKS
this blog in it's original context
my business
my band
my whatever site

----AFTER THOUGHTS----

So my friend Seamus, sent me a link to a humorous synopsis of this episode and in the coments of that synopsis this was aptly written by interwebie, Betty Lou, "I was 10 when this episode aired, and mostly I remember how very creeped out I was by Lore. Brent Spiner infused that whole performance with something sinister, and I remember just sitting there boggling that Data and Picard were arguing over whether Lore was an "it" or a "he" and totally ignoring the fact that he was over in the corner radiating evil."

...BRILLIANT!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment