Saturday, April 3, 2010

Too Short A Season (Season 1 - Episode 16) Star Trek TNG

For those of you who are sending me worried facebook inquiries; wondering if I'm growing old, whilst living in my mother's basement, watching STNG all day and blogging! No worries. Such is not the case. IN FACT, my mom lives in MY basement & I'm getting plenty of sunlight right now!!! Just kidding...Or am I?

Regardless, this is the 3rd time I've watched Next Gen in order from 1st episode to last. I decided to revitalize this blog again because it forces me to take 20min breaks from work every 4 or 5 hours! If you knew me well...you would applaud that choice! NOW..back to the 16th episode of the 1st season of STNG! Go-ahead, you know you want to watch this cheasy trailer before I continue rambling!
-

-
You know, I'm not gonna lie...there are definately a handful of first and second season episodes of STNG that I'm just not wild about. This is one of them. I get the fact that in 1987 that awesome make up job on the old guy was something to be noted...but it's 2010, 23 years have passed, and I'm just not feelin it!

However conceptually I am very interested in this episode, because of what's happening in our world's never ending political climate! How many times do countries with power have to send countries at war weapons!? For some reason this always seems like a "good idea" and yet...NEVER is! I wonder how many conflicts would have fizzled out by now if it weren't for UK, Russia, USA, & a handful of Asian countries offering weapons at the drop of a hat!

Now, I inherently don't believe in violence...except to avenge sex crimes
(then the punt-junk punishment should be implemented...often!)

And additionally, I think my faith & almost every other world religion (fact) also doesn't really endorse violence...so when are all of us human's gonna catch up and stop encouraging it!? Sigh...I understand that this is abroad overarching question that cannot be answered...but really...when?

ON A MUCH LIGHTER NOTE! I seem to be having difficulty NOT frolicking about the NASA website today! And I found this image...which made me smile and then made me sad! So I am posting this image in memory of the 9 planet solar system, as it was when I was a youth!

RIP Pluto!
Also...I'm kind of tickled that the universe is labeled!



LINKS
wikipedia synopis of this episode
see this blog in it's original context
my business
my band
my weird Picard song
my whatever page

No comments:

Post a Comment